When you look up ‘alternative’ in the dictionary you see the latest issue of Buzzsaw. And sure all of our editors drive cars fueled with chai tea and are voting for Steve Jobs’ corpse in the upcoming Presidential election. But when Buzzsaw magazine got ready to start their semester, there was one question that probed our mind: how can we get even more alternative?
Introducing Haircut, Buzzsaw magazine’s bastard, alternative lovechild that unapologetically covers news more in-depth than other student publications as well as news you can’t find anywhere else.
A Brief History Lesson
Back when you thought you were making a statement with that Green Day wristband, Buzzsaw magazine was still reigning alternative supreme under the name Buzzsaw Haircut. Somewhere between getting initiated into Alliteration Alliance of America and Birkenstocks coming back in style, Buzzsaw revamped itself and the ‘Haircut’ got shaved off in the process … until now.
Top 5 Reasons You Should Read Haircut
1. Because you need your alternative news fix between Buzzsaw issues, and The New Yorker is too expensive.
2. Because you need something to read while you awkwardly sit alone at the pub and wait for your friends.
3. Because reading a black-and-white publication makes you feel like you’re going against the grain — or because you think color is too mainstream.
4. Because you want to sound intelligent and well informed to your friends.
5. But let’s not forget the most important reason — it’s stuff you fucking need to know.
So, without further ado, read, enjoy and prepare yourself for the newest offering in alternative news (you think we’ve said “alternative” enough yet?)
Sorry we’re not sorry.
<3 The Buzzsaw Editors